PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Travolta arrives at Lanseria
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2010, 18:40
chuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is fascinating...

How do you know this with such a degree of certainty, that I am "entirely wrong"? I would have thought this is something where you have a spectrum of opinion, as with most things.

You have the usual yokels out there on one end, when they are simply captivated by anything shiny (gold braid) or loud (a Boeing 707) or loud and shiny (a highly-polished Boeing 707 doing a low pass with a slow roll over a NASCAR race, just about the coolest thing ever). To them JT with his stripes and his airyplane are just pure magic and I am sure they wouldn't hear a word said against any of this.

At the other end you have... just me, all alone? Perhaps but that still doesn't mean that no one else has at least an iota of scepticism about this whole carry-on, does it? I am sure that I have read others questioning at least some of what is going on with this whole "dress up like an airline pilot" thing of his, not that they might take it as far as I have. So that makes me entirely wrong, does it?

Does that mean that you and your like-minded chums are entirely right, then?

Does this certainty of yours extend to opinions about other things to or is it reserved for just my stance re: John Travolta? I really would like to know more so please, do tell.

You may wish to consider that at least one other poster here has twice expressed the opinion that Mr Travolta should perhaps wear "a bikini," when that must be taken as caring, at least caring enough to offer his opinion, so that I cannot be taken to be entirely alone in what I choose to write about this matter.