PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Travolta arrives at Lanseria
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2010, 17:37
chuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't work that way.

Be careful or I will sic the RWS on you.

No, odd as it must seem to you, not everyone shares your, and many others', childish enthusiasm for shiny braid and shiny airplanes.

The thing is, JT puts in these appearances to get attention. I think we can both agree with that, yes? What, you think Qantas made him "an offer he couldn't refuse" to get him to dress up like that?

He gets one sort of attention from folks like you, just "Gee whiz, what a purty airyplane, and that gold braid sure does shine!" so this simple trick does work to some extent.

I just want to give him a rather different sort of attention, that is all. Tell those who might not know the difference that he does not hold an ATP but a PPL and that without even a command endorsement on the shiny airyplane. He's a poser, a walt, a charlatan to a greater or lesser degree.

Am I a mean, hateful, insanely jealous person to write that? Or is it that I see this whole charade as a misuse of a couple of the tools of our trade, namely a four-stripe uniform and an aircraft in airline livery, used in combination?

I really do appreciate the use of this forum (and that other one too) to be able to speak up on such things. This is not something that is going to ruin the game for everyone, someone playing airline pilot but I really do not see it as a Good Thing no matter what you, Qantas or the Church of Scientology might think, say or do. (Oh, yeah, the Scientologists come into this too. Check out who he carried to Haiti and why.)

If you and others disagree, that is fine with me; this is not a popularity contest, otherwise I would just coo about what a lovely machine that 707 really is and leave it at that. I think this goes a lot deeper than the paint on that 707, though. I might well be wrong to think that but I don't care and I assume that makes what I have to write here even more annoying to some. It is all those negative engrams, you see, not really my fault at all...