PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPPL vs PPL advice please
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2010, 17:34
SunnyDayInWiltshire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NPPL vs PPL advice please

I've recently completed my solo and now doing more time in the circuit. I've completed about 20 hours and also passed most of the ground school exams over the last 6 months. My instructor tells me I'm coming up to the decision point where I can either go for NPPL or jump straight to PPL. What factors should I take into account?

Long term, I do plan to take the PPL and would like IMC and night too - the weather in UK would make IMC helpful and increase days I could fly. My main goal is to be able to fly to other airports, mainly in UK, possible occasional daytrips to France (I've heard NPPL can do this with prior permission), some with passengers under VFR. I'd be interested in buying a share in a 4 seater once passed my test (assuming this can be done without PPL and/or 100 hours logged). One option might be to do NPPL this year, PPL next and IMC following - this would spread the load, cost and also allow me to enjoy it more than just doing training all the time. Have others done this in stages vs going straight to PPL?