PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 16th Jun 2010, 15:51
Choccybox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey y'all,

I'm new to posting on here, but have been following this thread for a while and it all makes interesting reading!

Miss M

When BASSA offered BA the millions in savings, did they tell you that part of this deal was a pay cut which included LGW crew having to take this also in order to fund the cost savings at LHR?
Why should the LGW crew, who are working very well with reduced crew and on the hourly rate, be forced to take a pay cut in order to cost save at LHR.......haven't they cut back enough down there?

I was in the CRC on the 3rd day of the 1st wave of strikes back in March, when the question was asked of Willie Walsh(along with lots of other questions because the CRC was packed with working crew!) " Why did you reject the offer put on the table from BASSA?"
He replied " Because BASSA wanted to introduce a pay cut across the board, including LGW, and as they were already working to the new crew complements, and on the hourly rate, I didn't think it was fair that they should take that pay cut to fund the cost savings at LHR"