PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CJ2 vs CJ2+
Thread: CJ2 vs CJ2+
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2010, 10:16
Chinchilla.612

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CaptainProp,
Personally I'd say the main difference between the two aircraft is just that the 2+ is more modern and has a few refinements compared to the earlier 2.

As examples of some of these, the main things that spring to my mind are the following. The FADEC (when operated carefully) simplifies operation a lot, and also removes the need for thrust attenuators as well as giving better performance (granted only to a small degree though). The addition of JeppView for the MFD on the 2+ is a great advantage especially when finding your way around new airports using the gps overlay, as well as enabling a paperless flight deck. The redesign of the landing gear got rid of the annoying Tow/Fly toggle on the nosegear.

From a company point of view there's probably not much financially attractive about the 2+ as they are very close cost wise to operate, but obviously it is less expensive to aquire a 2. From an owner pilot point of view however the 2+ wins hands down in my opinion as it is a nicer aircraft.

Martin,
I seem to recall being told the change in weights for the 2+ was (at least in part) due to the change in the undercarriage.
So far (touch wood) I've not had any problems with the proline auto capture of an ILS and find it a fantastic system.
As for the FADEC, I've had one fault on it in 400 hours operation, so again seems a pretty good system.

Trim Stab,
I'm told another gotcha with the FADEC is if you connect ground power without having the Gens in the OFF position.......will generate a fault more often than not (and that's how I got my only fault.....oops).

Happy landings,

Chinchilla.