PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 16th Jun 2010, 06:42
MrBunker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MissM
The photograph of LHR makes it look like a busy day but it doesn't really mean anything. How many flights went empty? How many flights went with only cargo? How many of the aircraft at T5 are wet least aircraft? One photograph doesn't say anything. Maybe an every half an hour update would have been good so that we could have seen if there were any aircraft movements. We kept an eye online on departing flights at BFC throughout the strike and according to our calculations BA did not increase its schedule as much as they claimed.

What happened with the announcement? What happened with the P45 or the new contract which some were confident in that we would be receiving?

Could somebody explain something to me? I was asked at the CRC to remove my BASSA lanyard because it's not uniform standard and hence not allowed. One feet away from where I was standing, there were three pilots (thank you for staring) wearing their BALPA lanyards and nobody asked them to remove theirs. Is it contradictory or is BA afraid that others will see the support BASSA have?
Problem with the "keeping an eye" MissM is that the sites that were used (and I know which ones from other places saying so) are not the reference document for BA flights. RadarVirtuel, BAA.com and even, BA.com do not reflect the number of flights flying. The only one, and sadly, crew do not have access to it, would be FICO and that would show the aircraft departing, reinstated, flying as freighters etc. I know the crowing on CrewForum to be wrong as I went on one of the reinstated flights with 12 "real" cabin crew and, although we went with no passengers, we came back on a strike day, reinstated with in excess of 250 passengers. Yet the moderator on another forum was adamant my flight was cancelled. Funny, I seem to recall being away for a while.

But my point is, be rather careful what you use as a reference source for your information - there are many sources out there which are not linked in anyway to BA and, like it or not, they're the ones deciding which aircraft and services are launched. As for RadarVirtuel, anyone who thinks that represents an accurate reflection of the airspace at any one time has no idea.

As for the rest, the announcement was, and always has been, speculation. It's a possible, nothing more. Lanyards? Well, to be fair around the time of Open Skies we were reminded ad hoc about the standards applicable to those. It died a quiet death when it was noted a number of managers were wearing Airbus, 787 project etc etc lanyards. But no, I suspect BA are not afraid of the "strength" or otherwise of BASSA. For what little it's worth, regardless of who I consider to be right or wrong in this dispute, I fear BASSA have only served to sideline themselves towards an increasing irrelevance. Merely my own opinion.

MrB