PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Writ plea against engaging foreign pilots in India ...
Old 16th Jun 2010, 06:31
saurabhm_101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hear me out,

Being one of the unemployed ones too, I understand the need for Expats working here. Indian pilots do not have the experience to match up to the requirements of just jumping in the left seat. More than experience, the pilot needs to be mentally prepared too. I have friends who are flying with different carriers and have been offered command but have turned it down because they choose to fly for some more time before they become PIC.

We need the Expats and without them Indian Aviation would go nowhere. Think of it this way, with more Expats, the airline can fly because there is no shortage for commanders. They fly so they make money. They make money so they order more planes and start up new routes. Which in turn means first officer openings will pop up which, we, will be able to apply for.

And regarding the IXE crash, please, lets not jump to any conclusions until we know for sure what really happened.