PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft down in Canley Vale
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2010, 05:41
Gribble150

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"I just caught news update where they were discussing imposing a curfew on BK 7pm to 7am. Did this tragic incident have anything to do with night ops or are these aircraft noise protestors seizing on this incident to further their cause. If that's the case they should be ashamed."

I remember years ago when a modified 4wd ran over a young toddler out the front of Windsor McDonalds and was fatally injured. The media circus surrounding that ended up with modification laws being further restricted on offroad vehicles despite the fact that she could have been hit by a Mazda 121 and still been killed.

Unfortunately when people are very passionate about a particular cause they will grasp at any straw if they believe it will give them a result in their favour. The media doesnt help at all. This morning on 2ue, Steve Leibman (sp?) interviewed Dick Smith and all the questions directed to Dick had the best part of SFA to do with this particular accident. To Dicks credit I think he tried his hardest to get the right point accross but Steve just wailed on with a bunch of crap. I dont think Steve is an idiot or shock jock, more like an ill informed journo.

But lets not forget, 2 people are dead, and we all need to stop speculating on what has gone wrong, even if the ATSB, CASA and whatever other acronyms you can add to that list are incompetent at least they will have a report with hands on facts rather than a bunch of armchair experts on a 'rumour network' putting their 2 cents in. I barely have my GFPT so im in no position to comment on the scratchy details that are doing the rounds. The closest ive ever been to piloting a twin engine is sitting in the front toilet of an A320 taking a crap.

Ill wait for the accredited experts opinion first. May the world be a safer place for it.