PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft down in Canley Vale
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2010, 05:34
LegallyBlonde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re post #106

I too heard that call on 2GB, and another from a woman (but can't remember exactly where she was), who said she saw and heard the aircraft, one of the engines was 'spluttering' but then picked up and she thought 'thank goodness'

Agree the ATC tapes were heartbreaking. As another poster commented and I agree with her - 'seen too many young men go too soon over a lot of years'

Somewhere on the transcript Richmond was mentioned and ruled out due to fog.

Almost 30 years since working at BK, still makes me feel sick to the stomach, memories of hearing the air raid siren go and thinking, who is it, will they be ok.

Hoxton and Schofields are gone. BK looking more like a strip mall than an airport, governments won't be satisfied until there are blocks of units built between the runways.

The rot started with Whitlam and co in the 1970's, when DCA became DOT (Dept of Trucks) - overseen by a Minister who couldn't have grown a choko vine over an outside dunny.

The only good thing that Comrade Gough introduced was a 40% investment allowance so at least a few new aircraft appeared on charter and training lines.

Thoughts with the families and colleagues of those lost yesterday. :-(
'High Flight'
LB