PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JQ Slots?
Thread: JQ Slots?
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2010, 04:30
Artificial Horizon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't read anything into the fact the last induction was cancelled, when I joined my induction date was changed three times in the space of a month. It would seem the left hand doesn't talk to the other and by the time it is realised they don't actually have any training capacity the ground school is often underway or very close to it. I have also heard that the last course was also put off due to a 'few' last minute pull outs due to 'better' offers elsewhere. I have heard from the horses mouth that the predicted 70 cadets per year will no where near fill the recruitment requirements across the business. Half of the first 70 won't even appear online for around 18 - 24 months. The plan to train 140 new FO's in this financial year has not changed. Trust me when I say it will just be an organisational issue. Direct Entry is not finished, cadets can't possibly supply the entire new recruitment pool, and besides the chief pilot has already stated that having all new pilots coming via the cadet scheme is not practical as for an airline to functions you can't have ALL your pilots sitting on the same experience and hours with a massive gap between FO experience and upgrade requirements.