PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft down in Canley Vale
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2010, 02:36
The Green Goblin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Green Goblin; you are wrong.
when an engine fails you control the aircraft, carry out the emergency checklist (from memory usually) as per the aircraft's applicable manual, ie. set max power, reconfigure the airframe if applicable. When the aircraft is trimmed and checklists are complete, you then start to make decisions based on your location, performance etc. This cision process must not be unnecessarily rushed.

Singles are safer as they glide better, land slower and don't fly in cloud.
You're a twit mate, seriously think about it.......isn't it obvious you do these things? These should be done by rote.

You need to adapt to your situation. If you are nice and high and you ascertain you have a bit of margin up your sleeve do some problem solving (whilst you have made a decision to divert etc) If not i.e EFATO, do your instant recall stuff, secure it, brief the punters and get her down.

I don't want to get into a pissing contest with you, we could go in circles all day. You can blindly fly in a straight line following your checklists and playing airline pilot. I'll be pointing it somewhere safe straight away with Plan A, B and C all ready to go while I'm doing phase 2 items problem solving and taking stock.