PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are we putting profit before safety?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2002, 13:15
IlBarbiereDiSivillia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

411A,

The point being made is that safety will inevitably be degraded due to multiple flight deck changes. Pilots are making decisions re fuel, wx etc on an individual bases. i.e. there is no cross checking on the important decisions with the other flight deck member as per easjets ops manual. We then get into the realm of presuming certain checks have been done. Briefings that are normally done in the briefing room are done in the flight deck.

On my last four sector day I had two F/O's, one aircraft change, 2 new No 1's, and I'm afraid to say that I lost track of the cabin crew down the back. Time allocated for each turn around is 25 mins. With new flight deck and cabin crew joining all the time it makes it that much harder to keep a tight grip on the situation. It's easy to say 'just take your time' but I'd like to see easyJet retain their pax and therefore keep my job.

The moral of this story is make sure your rostering department is under Flight Ops. The Carmen sytem was introduced without any consultation with Flight Ops. End result an expensive and dangerous mistake.