PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 15th Jun 2010, 22:38
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope to still be employed by BA and making the sort of money I earn today
Whilst all the other departments in BA have taken pay cuts, increased productivity and rationalised working practices to keep the company afloat the BASSA gravy train rolls on regardless. Fantastic teamwork from the IFcE deapartment that would be.

BASSA are not the only one to be blamed. All of the strikebreaking crew, including the VCC, should also be held responsible. If they hadn't reported for duty, this strike would have been over in days. The strikebreaking crew should be ashamed of themselves for not having the courage to go on strike whilst enjoying the terms and conditions which BASSA have fought hard for.
This is fantastic! 'Sorry I crashed into the car because I wasn't paying attention to the road Officer. But if all the other cars hadn't been on the road I would have had nothing to crash into so it's their fault!'

Also BASSA haven't fought hard for anything for anyone, ever. They are still jealously protecting the original terms and conditions that BA granted them during privatisation. What, fundamentally, has changed over the past 20 odd years with respect to CC terms and conditions? Nothing.

Now that could be seen, I suppose, with the BASSA rose tinted spectacles as hard fought 'Uniun Bruvverhood innit'. Unfortunately for Unite/BASSA it is purely down to weak BA management over the years who have acceeded to BASSAs demands.

When the CEO doesn't bow down to the BASSA tantrum he becomes the devil and must be cast down for the greater good of humanity and the future of the human race.

Your Ivory tower has become too tall and the crash will, undoubtably, hurt.