PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some Positivity
Thread: Some Positivity
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2010, 22:36
markc80

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some Positivity

Hi all,

I know that things are bad at the moment, globally across many industries and that aviation is particularly easily affected by economic fluctuations.

However, as someone who wants to train to be a pilot and believes that regardless of your industry, profession or state of the economy there is always work to be found, I can't let all the negative stories dissuade me from what I want to do.

Don't get me wrong, I know it's not going to be an easy ride, I may have to go several years before I am able to get a job.....nor not.

What I'd really like is a bit of balance - to hear some stories of people who've got jobs recently - how they've got them, what their take on things is. Flying is not just about getting into a 737/A320 - there are loads of other flying jobs out there and I just wondered what people can tell about those.

And to the naysayers: you've had your say, I know that I am entering an industry that's not what it once was, but I'm not a naive wannabee - just someone with a positive outlook and a hope that I'll get what for me, is a dream job