PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Statins
Thread: Statins
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2010, 21:54
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dads still alive 69

Both Grandads went with dementia both in there 90's. One was 40 a day man the other stopped smoking after getting demobbed.

This is the issue the sods over here lead with drugs. There fav are antibiotics and Steriods. As I said I had a script for 6 items for a blocked eustation tube. back home the Doc would have looked at you with a what do you want me to do about it look. Then you would explain what you did for a living and he would give you a doctors line.

There was no discussion about changing lifestyle just here you go take these for the rest of your life.

After looking up the drug in question.

I have had over last three months taking them

Headaches, never usually get them unless sunstroke or to much beer.
Been taking rehdration packs in water its 40+ where I am. Drinking 3 ltrs+ a day. Getting them 2-3 times a week.

Tingling in my little fingers put that down to RSI using a lap top.
Started doing the stretches.

Calf muscles twitching.
Again put down to lack of salt and rehydration.

The packet of lipod is now in the bucket.

Current lost about 5kg since the reading goal is to get my BMI from 31 down to 28. I have done the good thing with the diet as well.

Unfortunately I am a long way from a UK GP. Its TWA with a hellva lot of letters after thier names. Some of which are British colleges of knowledge. For example I didn't know that the University of Lancashire had a Cardio Vascular unit. I thought it was Preston Tech with a Hairdressing Unit.