PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 15th Jun 2010, 20:54
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The atmosphere onboard was pleasant? Following information was given to me by a close friend of mine who is an ICC. I take it you weren't on any of the flights which were crewed by ICC who said the pilots would not participate in the service as they were only trained to cover the doors, resulting in the service taking a lot longer than usual. It surely sounds like I must have missed something.
Another one of the great 'but a friend of mine was heard to whisper about an overheard conversation in a noisy pub' unsubstantiated stories.

The VCC are trained to assist in the service as well. As their primary purpose, and safety critical according to BASSA, is safety then the majority of the course covers that. I know of no one that has refused to take part in the service. I have heard that the service has taken a little longer than normal bit that is to be expected.

But then I suppose you have all had plenty of time to get your stories of woe and inadequacies straight in the bar at Bedfont.

The sad fact is that 35,000+ people are so fed up with the rubbish that BASSA spout that they are prepared to use their own time, energy and resources protecting themselves and their jobs and Unite and BASSA can't see it.

Simpson and Woodly retire on their comfy Union paid pensions in December and Looney Len will probably inherit the top job with his £160,000 pay packet. Will they still give a stuff about you and BASSA? Not a chance.