PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 15th Jun 2010, 20:43
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nobody can say where they will be in one year. I hope to still be employed by BA and making the sort of money I earn today.

BASSA are not the only one to be blamed. All of the strikebreaking crew, including the VCC, should also be held responsible. If they hadn't reported for duty, this strike would have been over in days. The strikebreaking crew should be ashamed of themselves for not having the courage to go on strike whilst enjoying the terms and conditions which BASSA have fought hard for.
What an absolutely absurd contradiction in the same post: You hope to still be employed by BA in one year's time but yet you are happy to go on strike and see that very same company lose millions because of your selfish, unjustified actions?

Make no mistake about it Miss M, If the workers hadn't reported for duty, and I include myself, 80% of my cabin crew colleagues (many of whom have now joined the Professional Cabin Crew Council) and the VCC, you would, most probably, not now have a job "earning the sort of money that you earn today".

We saved our company. We did not renege on our duty and we will not do so in the future. We did what we were employed to do - we worked FOR BA not AGAINST them. We will continue to do so, regardless of what BASSA tell you and the ever-decreasing strikers to do.

If you need a new lanyard - there are plenty of Backing BA lanyards available. If you still want your job and your, by your own admission, lucrative income, then I would seriously suggest you get off the BASSA merry-go-round. If not, and you are no longer employed by BA in one years time, then you will only have yourself to blame.