PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 15th Jun 2010, 19:50
MissM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gatbusdriver

Nobody can say where they will be in one year. I hope to still be employed by BA and making the sort of money I earn today.

Betty girl

I can't actually be bothered if they have been authorised by BA or not. Either you should be allowed to wear the lanyard issued by your union or not, despite working group. I gather BA cannot ask the pilots not to wear their BALPA lanyard because then they would probably lose their support. It's not only BASSA who are holding BA ransom allegedly... and by this I am not only referring to this issue.

BASSA are not the only one to be blamed. All of the strikebreaking crew, including the VCC, should also be held responsible. If they hadn't reported for duty, this strike would have been over in days. The strikebreaking crew should be ashamed of themselves for not having the courage to go on strike whilst enjoying the terms and conditions which BASSA have fought hard for. The VCC should be worried that if there's enough time for them to go through 21 days of training and being absent from their jobs whilst being out on flying duties, their jobs don't seem to be that important.

License to Fly

None are pilots? Are they taken from other departments in BA? Read my reply above. If there's time for them to go through training, their jobs cannot be that important. Maybe they should be worried about their own employment rather instead than "backing" BA.

Let BA train as many volunteers as they want. I, and many others, will go on strike for as long as it takes. We all do what we believe in.

You think WW will sack us next time around? By all means, let him do it. At least I would have fought hard and held my head high throughout this dispute.