PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft down in Canley Vale
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2010, 13:38
Air Ace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"The industry race to the bottom has been driven by government and bigger company contracts all based on the lowest price without any regard to what has been purchased."
An absurd statement really. All purchasing contracts - building construction, supply of parts and equipment, supply of transport services etc - are based on the lowest price, whether Government or private enterprise.

If you have a problem with the age, quality or performance of the Australian GA fleet, take it up with the operators, most of whom happily indulge in a race to the bottom, selling a commodity for less than it's cost.

I've seen far older commercial GA aircraft operating in the USA, UK, Europe and New Zealand.

Obviously that particular aircraft had performed perhaps thousands of departures previously without the same result. How about you leave the technical investigation with those competent to comment at the ATSB?

"ok, is there any pilots out there who think pa31s perfomance on one engine is safe?"
Another absurd statement. You think this is Australia's first engine failure in a PA31? Also, I don't believe the ATSB has yet determined this accident is the result of a single engine failure?? If it was an engine failure I'm inclined to think the pilot would have declared the failure in his transmissions? (I have not listened to the tapes, nor am I interested in speculation.)

Last edited by Air Ace; 15th Jun 2010 at 13:49.