PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2010, 12:52
Hangerhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.pprune.org/showthread.php...=1#post5754506

FPS,

my post wasn't meant to be inflammatory at all however, every single flight with easyjet I have had between Madrid and Gatwick has been delayed in the past couple of months.
I appreciate of course how much of that is down to the ash clouds and i don't speak of those flights here.

I am in a forward and backward e-mail discussion with some of your customer service reps already for a flight of mine that was from MAD to LGW and was cancelled - leaving me waiting for 5 hours at the airport until i was put on the later flight.
the regulations i have read suggest that, as my flight was cancelled (not delayed or late) I am due compensation. but even armed with your own company regulations, the support staff tell me no.

then my wife and child, checked in early to make life a little easier, then find out that the flight is delayed.
again.
with limited baby food available also.

this is unpleasant for everyone.

if easyjet are incapable of sticking to flight schedules, then they should change the times - i am sure easyjet knew far in advance of check-in that the flight would not be on time, but they didn't prevent us from checking in or warn us so we could instead have gone elsewhere more comfortable meanwhile.

if it seems easyjet are coming in for undue criticism then they should do something to address the concerns that the fee-paying customers have.
if every easyjet i have been on, has been either delayed (never less than 1.5 hours) or cancelled, then is it not likely I will assume Easyjet has something to do with it, when instead, I've flown BA/Iberia and even Air Europa without any delays on the same routes?

I also work in ATC and know that often, some airlines will say some delays are due to ATC...then when you investigate further, you find the original flight was late and missed its slot.
blaming ATC is in that sort of case, misleading.

My original post then, as I have still seen nothing on any news website, was just to find out if there were Easyjet related problems or that there were genuinely strikes.

For the flight my wife was on, the easyjet latest news page, funnily enough said the flight was on time and landed on time...lies or mistakes?