PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CDS to go early
Thread: CDS to go early
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2010, 12:45
Pure Pursuit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wyler,

I fear you are spot on. Sat in a room with AOBM a while back whilst he sat and told us what to expect over the next 15 years or so. Not good listening.

Sitting at work a little later I opened my bag, took out that job offer, logged onto JPA and applied for early termination. No arguments, no welfare chats, just a message in my workflow a few days later offering me an exit date.

For those of you staying in or perhaps even looking to join, good luck and stay safe. The hierarchy are powerless to do anything about the upcoming cuts and the RAF is about to become a none effective branch of the Armed Forces, despite the excellent people who work tirelessly to see things through.

CDS and his chiefs are nothing more than yes men. SoS for Defence is talking about changing that however, you have to ask yourselves why? Simple. In 5 years or so, we will be unable to sustain Herrick & the politicians will start to pull us out on the 'advice' of the chiefs who have been encouraged to tell the truth. Just my humble opinion of course!