PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spirit Airlines Pilots walk out
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2010, 08:16
Sqwak7700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am probably right in thinking prior to you joining Spirit you attended an interview, psychometric testing and probably a simulator test before being offered a job and signing the all important contract.
Wrong, AFOS, I am not a Spirit pilot and have never applied there. I am based in HKG flying for a HKG carrier. But I've been around aviation long enough to recognize an honorable cause when I see one.

And you are getting on this thread defending people (airline management) that exploited a horrendous situation like 9/11 to extrude concessions from employee groups in order to line their pockets with wads of cash.

That makes you no different than them. What makes you think that they are allowed to change the rules of the game and that their employees aren't? Spirit pilots have taken several concessions when the company said they needed to. Management did not reciprocate when they were raking in the money, yet you think it is their right to do that?

I sincerely hope that you never join our ranks again. I truly believe you are one of the individuals that has no problem racing to the bottom - willing to pay for training or cross a picket line just to get to your beloved job.