PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Hiring.... Cadets?!?!
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2010, 03:39
Artificial Horizon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Read the fine print carefully......... and if you can cover the financial side of the scheme then go for it. I completed a similar scheme, did my time to cover my bond on reduced wages (more than my mates were getting in GA though) and then jumped ship to a Major. As long as you do your research then there won't be too many suprises along the way and it can be a great start into the industry. Don't worry about all the grumpy 'you are trying to short cut the system' comments. This is the way of the world now and I am suprised it has taken Australasia so long to catch up. For those of you that do it, good luck. CTC have a very good rep over in the UK for turning out quality cadets, so enjoy.

As for all the GA drivers who are upset about this scheme, I can't quite understand the logic. Surely GA has been doing this for decades, undercutting wages and conditions and giving the job to the pilot willing to work for the least amount. I went overseas for that exact reason, I was not willing to 'work for free' to gain my hours and experience, so I left. Kind of ironic now that those who have done exactly that in GA are telling people to not accept such a bad deal for the good of the industry....bizzarre!