PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spirit Airlines Pilots walk out
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2010, 22:48
AFOS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sqwak 7700 for your benefit, I have been involved with aviation all my life. Admittedly not in the USA.
I am probably right in thinking prior to you joining Spirit you attended an interview, psychometric testing and probably a simulator test before being offered a job and signing the all important contract.
If you did sign on the dotted line you agreed certain conditions. Now you don't like those conditions and are expecting to hold the company to ransom, jeopardise yours and other employees, cabin crew, flight ops, other ground staff jobs because you don't like the rules made up by your superiors.
If you are a Captain then you would expect both your crew and passengers to comply with your wishes, instructions etc, no more or less than the Chairman of Spirit who you are answerable too.
If you now do not like his rules and the economic changes he/she sees fit to make to safe guard his/her airline and your job, then why don't you do the honourable thing and resign and find a job that best suits your requirements.
I am not a pay for training wonder, nor am I your son and thank you for your comment that I should stick to what I am doing as you think it is about right. I am only giving my thoughts and points like other forum users are.
Here in England over centuries the unions have tried to impose their will on Government, bosses and employers, now many of those companies don't exist and the infamous threats of "we will never give in", "we are all united", "we shall fight to the bitter end" etc, never worked and never will.
A lot of the BA cabin crew are seeing reality now and slowly going back to work.
I wish you well who ever you end up flying with.
AFOS