PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VFR to Ukraine
Thread: VFR to Ukraine
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2010, 21:08
ikono

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VFR maps

There exist VFR maps of Ukraine, but you can buy them only at UKBB airport. I started a thread which ended in a long discussion in Russian on a forum there:
Легальное пересечение границы на СЛА - Украинский авиационный форум

Do not forget to look into Ukrainian AIP on Eurocontrol (you need to register, but it is free), there are also VFR rules there!
EAD Basic - Login Page

Old (2008) VFR maps of Ukraine I found here:
Аэронавигационная карта Украины VFR 1 (Северо-запад). Масштаб 1:500000. 17 января 2008г.
Аэронавигационная карта Украины VFR 8 (Крым). Масштаб 1:500000. 17 января 2008г.

The newer maps I bought in 2009 were almost identical.

As a foreign pilot you can fly VFR along special VFR routes (see the maps) and land at international airports (there are abt 20 of them, UKOO is of course also). If you need to land on a small airfield, you need a qualified "navigator" on board (his salary you'll find in AIP )

To enter Ukraine you need to file a ukrainian "flight plan" and get a permission according to AIP. The airport charges are also mentioned in AIP, but the reality looks somewhat different. I called UKKK today - $150 for a 8 h stay...

I shall do my best to prepare the flight, but I am afraid the reality is not like the theory from AIP.