PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flt.Lt Ron Carpenter RAF Bomber Command
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2010, 15:21
Dawnhatton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr Mrs Dawn Hatton

I am new to this site, my e-mail address is [email protected]ng lost my father suddenly in Sept 2007 we had planned to take him to Melbourne airfield the following month where his brother P/O 'Derry' Derrick Henry George Adams (146446) flew on an operation in Dortmund. T/O was 22.32 from Melbourne airfield in a Halifax with 10 Bomber Command on the 23rd/24th May 1943 death is listed 24th, in Battle of the Ruhr.In the Dortmund operation casualty details he is listed as Air Bomber.I understand from my late dad that their operation was a success however, they were shot down over Dusseldorf on return all crew lost and buried in the Nordfreidhof. My dad was aged 5 his brother aged 22 when he was KIA.My dad had started to put a file together of the brother he hardly knew.We took him to Reichswald war Cemetary near Kleve Germany in 1996 where his brothers remains are buried.My dads mother contacted other crew members families who supplied photos of 5 other crew Peter Grimwood, Peter Plenderleith, i am unsure of the other 3 crew's names.I visited Melbourne and looked around the archives on May 18th what would have been my dad's 70th.I have many wonderful photos of their training days in Canada.If you have any information that may be of interest i would be grateful.I also have the book Melbourne Ten. Regards Dawn Hatton.