PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MEP Rating
Thread: MEP Rating
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2010, 15:06
VFR Transit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MEP Rating

I am just about to start looking at the Multi Engine Piston Rating, and would like to get the advice and gather information from fellow MEP rated pilots. The course requirements are not an issue and I understand what is needed within the training side, my only concern is the preparation for the course
So far I have managed to download the MEP training syllabus from the CAA website, and have obtained copies of the POH for both aircraft along with relevant checklists.
Other than reading the POH and Checklists, is there any other preparation work I can complete before the course to minimise the time in the air?
I have never been for a flight in a multi Engine aircraft, although I have actually sat in the aircraft to get an idea for its layout and general feel.
I would be happy for any feedback and learning tips prior to taking the course and look forward to your advice.
Thanks in advance and if anyone is flying a twin (around Suffolk/Essex) and has a spare seat free, please also drop me a line.
VFR