PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Afriqiyah Airbus 330 Crash
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2010, 14:33
JW411

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, if I were in the situation of watching a large passenger aircraft spearing into the ground right in front of me just before my take-off, my first reaction (after "Oh Dear") would be "Where are the fire engines likely to be in the next few seconds"?

For a passenger flight that requires at least a Fire Category of 6 (or similar) for departure, then that is not going to happen in these circumstances is it?

Are you seriously going to tell me that, in the event of something very simple such as my having a rejected take-off leading to a brake fire etc and an evacution being needed, then the fire engines are going to leave the site of the original major disaster and come and assist me within two minutes? Of course not.

Even if they did, would the fire engines have anything left on board with which to fight a fire?

I'm sorry, but this is one of those occasions where the smart move is to taxi back to the ramp and let existing events take their course first. After all, you and your crew and all of your passengers are going to be safe.