PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish Presidential Flight Crash Thread
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2010, 14:28
Alice025

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Let me mention my thoughts concerning pressure from the general in the cockpit. I think there was none. I´ve flown with generals myself (as instructor pilot), there is only one commanding authority in the cockpit, and a general having flown himself will respect this. Thed reason him being in the cockpit might just be due to the fact, that he liked the company of an aircrew more than the company of the presidential entourage. The CVR gives no hint at all on any kind of pressure. "

franzl, this was also discussed over yonder :o)
Many reasoned an experienced commander is only of help, as a professor, kind of, lending a helping hand in complex meteo conditions. Besides, indeed, no info that he would have "pressed", so only good and useful things could be had of his presence.

But the military pilots available there said two of them one and the same their saying: "There are no friends in the landing". "Na posadke tovarischey niet". Meaning no professors no nothing the pilot should rely on himself and everything else is wrong extra-s.

In this case - if they didn't activate go-around - which we don't know - it could be the 2nd pilot said "Go around" but did not execute it, waiting for Capt. decision (which he shouldn't do. If the capt. not answering - 2nd pilot must activate go-around. In Russia.) Waiting for Capt. decision because he knew it may be career-related landing for his Capt. /yes or no/
The Capt., in his turn, could have been waiting for the Air Force commander in this case to confirm go-around.
Thus they all waited upon each other at 100 who will say the No and time flew away.
May be.