PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF engagement surveys on again
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2010, 12:12
Normasars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's been said before and I will say it again, "there's more to life than QF"

It's very hard to see it from within, and sometimes you can only get a proper perspective when you step away and see it from a different angle.

"How would I know?" I hear you ask? Well I was part of the system for just over 10 years myself.

I decided to make the break @ 5 months ago now, and believe me when I say that I am glad I got out when I did. Sure; there are a couple of things that I miss and always will. But that's life and I was aware of this before I departed. But on the whole, more opportunity has presented itself to me now, and even better that that, I actually feel like I am appreciated and valued at my new job more than I ever was under the QF umbrella. A 30% pay increase is just an added bonus to where I was 5 months ago.

I always thought that things would improve, and deep down really hoped that they would. But they never did, and it was the usual "smoke n mirrors" and chicken little stuff every time the EBA came around. Having to sacrifice things for the CPI "PAYRISE", trade off this; trade off that;give this up; give that up; just in order to get the annual inflation indexed into your salary. What a load of BS.

QF are the masters of pitting one group against the next in order to threaten all and sundry with their positions within the organisation in order to gain "efficiencies for the business". One way traffic when it comes to EBA time people. Actually, they are not even agreements as such. It's a case of "this is the way it will be", like it or lump it!! What part of that is an Agreement?

Anyway, like the last Engagement survey, the results will be buried and kept confidential because the results are a reflection on the myopic management "psyche" that exists in bull**** castle, otherwise known as Coward Street.

To all those folks, good luck with your respective "EBA's", there are so many great people who work at QF and have made it part of their lives, and management rely too much on peoples' good will and endeavour to just "get the job done".

But believe me when I say that there is life after Qantas. It's just a shame that the 38000 odd people that make up this organisation are not appreciated and shown some common courtesy and gratitude for the fantastic job that they do.