PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA Investigation!
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2010, 11:50
spernkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Low flying/photography

First of all there is no actual need to get below 1000 agl with modern camera's even if the geeky photographers try to "Spin" you into believing that the pics are mysteriously enhanced by being low. They won't like blowing the extra money on a more powerful lens though so you may be in for a battle of wills. Best way to kill these complaints is to do what we do and fit a little gps gadget that puts altitude data into the exif file. QED. The caa accept you can not corrupt this data and it blows off all the insane complaints which are in the main noise complaints really. Ask your employer to fit a gomolzig or leise silencer as this diminishes complaints by 75% in my experience. If you have an employer who cares, a four bladed prop will make you virtually inaudible at our profile which is 1200 feet 65 kt and 40% power.
Now you have the complaint i can only make advice privately so have a look at your "Private Messages" and give me a call for a brief on how to a) kill this complaint and b) avoid further ones.
Sadly not all these complaints are passed on by the busy pilgrims that run air photo ops so don't be surprised if there is a back log of others pending.
SB