PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Age 60 Limit To End
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2010, 11:47
engfireleft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enginefireleft, Patently false, eh?

Article 25 of our collective agreement has at present 13 positions one can hold.
Right. Now look at who's in those positions and see what they could be holding instead. The inescapable fact is most pilots choose to sit in a lower paying position. That makes the "delayed advancement" argument moot since almost everyone does it to themselves anyway.

Since most people wait until they can hold a fairly senior position, any delay could be eliminated by simply accepting the position at a lower seniority level. But of course if they don't want to do that then that's their decision and eliminating age 60 cannot be blamed. What is also false is your statement that the pension does not increase by additional years service. That is utter nonsense.

Perhaps not here online, but should we meet in person, please have the balls to introduce yourself to me, so we can have a chat

My pleasure. I have no problem expressing my opinion to anybody I meet or fly with, and you can be assured ACPA knows who I am and what my opinion is as well. Don't mistake anonymity on the internet for anonymity on this issue.

Last edited by engfireleft; 14th Jun 2010 at 12:25.