PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish Presidential Flight Crash Thread
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2010, 09:47
RetiredF4

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
BOAC
Your last sentence has confused me
Quote:
There would be no glidepath information from ATC on a non precision approach in the west, and also no sense in range information.
- are you telling me that in the Eastern bloc there is? That 'Eastern' NPA's are all flown with radar monitoring? This would be useful and relevant information.
You love twisting words. It could be read out of your posts, but not out of mine. It might be that way, but i dont know. Do you? Does anybody?
There was glidepath and range information on the approach. And glidepath and range information is common with PAR or if you like GCA approaches in west and in east.

Not one person (including you - and I wonder how many Eastern Bloc 'GCA's you flew in your Phantom?) has so far has managed to explain how one of those is flown in Russia.
I havenīt flown any approach farther east than Erhac (malatya, turky), so i dont know how it is done there. I didnīt claim to know either and unfortunately like you mention nobody could explain it out of own expierience or with solid reference.
Therefore i neither favor it nor do i disqualify (like you, on what facts?) the possibility of such a procedure being used or misunderstood as being used. Iīm open to a lot of options and causes until proved otherwise. And to bring it to the point, your arguments dontīt prove it otherwise, not that i can see it.

You have your mind up, the crew did a willing descent to the ground, case closed. That is ok with me, its your thinking, but not mine. I like to look behind the front. Its not a matter of guilt (ATC versus crew), its a matter of recognizing the whole story and preventing it from happening again (not that i could do that).

So it is legit to think outside your box, until the truth is being published.

franzl