PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA v easyJet - difference?
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2010, 09:27
PENKO

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
The only people who complain about the boarding scrum are the ones flying easyJet for the first time and the ones who actually are actually the cause of the boarding scrum. After years and years of weekly commuting with easyJet, I reached that conclusion. Actually, I reached the conclusion after my first flight with them!

The first time flyers can be forgiven for their ignorance, but the latter seriously need to relax. There are about 26 identical rows of seats in easyjet and if you don't mind left from right that means that roughly the first 60 passengers have an unsurpassed choice of where to sit themselves down, isle, window, front, back, middle, next to handsome man, next to beautiful lady, far away from the family with crying children, close to the toilet etc. etc. But invariably the ones who have the most choice, e.g. the first ones to board, make it a race to the aircraft and others, like sheep, seem compelled to follow. Hence my conclusion that the people who complain are actually the ones who cause the problem in the first place! The rest just buy speedy boarding or patiently wait in the lounge.

So what do I prefer, legacy airlines or easyJet? It all depends on price of the whole package. Nothing else. I'm not booking a flight to enjoy a nice terminal or a free sandwich, I book it to travel to my destination as soon, as safe and as cheap as possible.

(Fellow poster Pohutu is absolutely right in what he says. Take the rear steps if you are within the first 50 passengers to board. For some reason most passengers ignore the rear steps, but boarding from the rear is much much quicker initially)