PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 14th Jun 2010, 08:27
Locked door

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Poltergeists post just demonstrates the crass double standards of a lot of striking crew.

BA are bullies because they put the 'facebook crew' through the disciplinary procedure and lets strike to get them off the hook, but, ha ha backing BA didn't help the 'facebook pilots' and they deserve everything they get.

What they fail to see is a fair employer that treats all employees the same. It just doesn't fit into their perception.

And yes, if you need to bring your meal allowances home you ARE living beyond your means. The reason they are taxed less than your basic salary is that they are intended to be paid and spent abroad. Bring them home and as far as I'm concerned the taxman should have his share. If you need them to pay your mortgage/car loan/credit card, then those bills are too big.

On my last trip the CSD told me she worked, but the crew she striked. Same goes for most strike breakers. If they would just grow some balls the strikers would rapidly realise they're in the minority. But these are probably the same people who voted yes to a strike and then came to work, they only say what other people want to hear, not what they actually believe. No wonder BASSA think they can win an the company KNOW they can.

Time for this madness to end.

LD

Last edited by Locked door; 14th Jun 2010 at 09:06.