PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 412EP AP Out Instability
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2010, 00:54
SASless

Received 571 Likes on 235 Posts
Griffo.....I thought perhaps I had given you the need for new undies a time or two when we flew together out of the sunny isle to the Ninian all those years ago! I know I was glad to be wearing Polish Depends....those Musk Ox rubber bags we rode around in.

As to my ease in suggesting the knee block is after those early years on Wokka's.....some of them had more road miles on them than air miles....having been towed back home more than a few times after a forced landing of some sort.....I got used to having the bejesus bounced out of me as the weak mag brake was a common problem and one got used to it after a while.

Being right under the forward rotor head made it all the more fun.....and unless one had the belts cinched right down....you could really make like a Mexican Jumping Bean.

We should all draw upon one another's experience and stow such little tricks in a handy place where we can call upon them when we first have the misfortune to redo what prompted the other fellow to pass on a word to the wise. I learned from other guys....as I felt I could not live long enough to make all their mistakes in addition to my own.

I make no claim to be a Wizard....just a Wizzer but I learn quick while leaned upon the Bar of Wisdom.....if you keep yer ears open while chugging down your Pint....the money spent for Beer is well spent as there can sometimes be a golden nugget picked up.