PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 13th Jun 2010, 20:43
ericthewellread

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I received the following from Emirates in early June. Apparently there were unpublished age limits, not on their website. If I had known about their age limits I would not have spent hours filling out their online app & waiting since Jan. 2009 to find out I was too old for FO and the airliner I was Captain on, the Fokker 100, does not weigh enough!

"I am writing in relation to your application to join Emirates as a Direct Entry Captain. We have now had the opportunity to review your application against our selection criteria.

Emirates' minimum requirements for this position are:

Captain

*A minimum of 10,000 hours total flying time.
(May include 25% P3 or FEO time to a max of 500 hr)
*A minimum of 3,000 hours in command of an EK aircraft type or a minimum of 1,500 hours in command of a multi-crew, multi-engine jet aircraft in excess of 55 tonnes MTOW and 1,500 in command of an EK aircraft type
*4,000 hours flown in multi-crew, multi-engine jet or turbo prop aircraft with a MTOW of 10 tonnes or more, as P1 or P2.
*Preference will be given to candidates with Boeing/Airbus EFIS experience who
will be eligible to undertake a short transition course.
*Must be a current Captain operating as PIC within 12 months of joining holding a valid type and instrument rating.

First Officers, qualified as Cruise Captains do not meet the Direct Entry Captain requirements.

*ICAO ATPL

*Age 55 years (before 56th birthday) or less at commencement of course.

*English language fluency (written and verbal comprehension).

At present I regret you do not meet the prerequisite for flying hours. Please update your on-line application every six months to ensure that your professional experience (including flying hours, aircraft type and dates flown) is correctly reflected. Your application will be reconsidered once you meet our minimum requirements.

If you should wish to be considered for a position as a First Officer our minimum requirements are:

First Officers
- A minimum of 4000 hours total flying time
- (May include 25% P3 or FEO time to a max of 500 hr) and a minimum of 2000 hours on multi-crew, multi-engine jet aircraft with an MTOW >30T (P3 time cannot be used for this requirement)

OR

- 2500 hours multi-crew, multi-engine jet aircraft with an MTOW >30T, in which case the total hour requirement can be disregarded (P3 time cannot be used for this requirement)
- ICAO ATPL
- Age: Maximum 51 years (before 52nd birthday) or less at commencement of course

Note: Candidates within the 48-52 age bracket are required to have command experience on multi engine turbo jet aero planes with a MTOW of > 30 tons.

If eligible to apply, please amend your on-line application to reflect your interest in this position.

Best wishes in your career and personal endeavours and thank you for your interest in Emirates.

Yours sincerely,

Pilot Recruitment

This is a computer generated letter and bears no signature."