PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA v easyJet - difference?
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2010, 18:42
EuroWings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA vs EZY

Well away from London a non-stop flight on BA is absolutely out of the question, at least EZY services the regions as well as London!

I still like BA but I would not pay extra to use them for a flight under 4 hours. I recently travelled to Amsterdam from LGW with EZY and BA. At least I had a choice to pay for food on EZY, BA had bird seed. No thanks! I needed to get to AMS from London and chose BA because it was cheaper on one leg than EZY. Had I booked further in advance I'm pretty sure EZY would have been cheaper!

As for Speedy boarding ON EZY it always seems rather pointless if you get bussed. And there is usually a scrum at the gate.

I think airports have to think differently about how they board using this system.

I know this is not EZY but the best way I have seen it done is at FR gates at their UK bases. They have barriers and separate lanes for priority and non-priority. These are barriers which keeps priority and non priority divided and everyone is in an orderly queue. It prevents pushing and shoving too. While some may see it as a cattle pen I feel it is quite useful in keeping boarding calm and orderly.

At LPL FR boards the passengers in an orderly fashion while at the EZY gates you see pushing and shoving and they are recognised as a far superior loco... Why EZY cannot set this up is beyond me.