PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-76 down in the North Sea (Threads merged)
Old 26th Jul 2002, 23:55
Flying Lawyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"It is entirely inappropriate that any employee of Sikorsky (especially of the stature of the very identifiable poster here) would make any comment at this stage of ANY investigation, or be requested to respond by any of us here.
Although immediate cause and mitigation may be defined, the completion of the investigation is a long way away and it is quite unreasonable to consider that anyone from Sikorsky would comment in any other manner than in an official capacity."

The above is an excerpt from a post by Cyclic Hotline yesterday.

Lu
When we have experts of the calibre and standing of Nick Lappos prepared to give their time answering questions on the Rotorheads, it's unfair to abuse that generosity by asking questions which even indirectly relate to an investigation in which they or their company is involved. It is equally unfair to encourage others to do so.

Nick and I are friends and in regular contact, but I wouldn't think of trying to take advantage of that friendship by asking him any questions about this crash or anything which might be covered in the ongoing investigation - any more than he would ask me about an aviation case whilst the case is still current.
Surely that's just good manners, and respect for a friend?
Nick is a good friend and enormous asset to Rotorheads. Let's be sensible and respect his position.

Tudor Owen