PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 13th Jun 2010, 11:09
Chigley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MissM

I'm not sure which comms you decide to read or not, but here are the highlights from Bill Francis' email to ALL of us on 22 Jan 2010 - Information that will effect you personally

If you do not support a strike

If the majority of you choose to support our customers and reject a strike, I will continue to offer these assurances. They would allow you to:

Keep your current individual terms and conditions
Keep your current basic pay, with 2%-7% increment rises this financial year and next for 75% of you.
Keep your average variable pay through the offer of a monthly payment
Keep flying an unrivalled network of routes and staying in quality hotels while you’re there.
Keep lifestyle choices, either by changing fleets at Heathrow or transferring to part time.
Keep a commitment from us to keep talking with Unite about how we recruit new crew.
Keep full union representation with an offer from us for Unite to represent future crew.

If you support a strike

This could have a catastrophic effect on our business and our reputation. This is very serious. As a company, we owe it to our customers and all our colleagues to do everything in our power to prevent this outcome.

Therefore before you vote, I want you to be fully aware of the consequences should you vote yes and go on strike. In those circumstances, you would:

Lose staff travel permanently
Lose pay for any duties you miss if you go on strike, including associated days off

We would also need to review all costs in IFCE, including hotels. And of course I would be unable to maintain the assurances for your terms and conditions.

To the vast majority of us this sends a very strong message out that we will not all be treated the same - not sure why you seem so certain that this will not be the case?

P.S. Regarding promotion on 'shrinking fleets'. I disagree, people will still leave due to natural turnover, and a large number of SCCM's are older. Mind you if this farce continues there may be a need for a BIG promotion much sooner?