PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 412EP AP Out Instability
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2010, 11:03
wazz'n'zoom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
212 & Oldbeefer.

Really constructive words and intelligently put.. not! But if you put your head above the parapit then expect incoming....8-9-10 breathe.

Once again... the cyclic was not the root cause, IMHO it was the collective. I know what fore and aft oscillation feels like and this was not it. Quickly waggle the cyclic fore and aft a few inches and the 412 will shudder and buck about either AP in or out. We've all done this to prove a point to a student that small control movements will produce a stable hover.

Now if we had an FDR, we could analyse the data and work out if I f~+cked up or the cab is at fault.

Much like our 412 HAR2 that spun through 360 degs on initial take off a few months ago at Shawbury; everyone hear about that?? The FDR showed up exactly what caused the incident and we have all learnt from it.
I've learnt sod all from my incident except that I can't say MAYDAY when bouncing up and down like a fairground ride gone runaway and some other worldwide 412 drivers have had some scary incidents that they/engineers couldn't explain.

The quest continues.