PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India, Corruption and Foreign Pilots
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2010, 10:22
pilotara

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in my 2 years working in India here are few things that i have seen and observed that Indian pilots do not do. i watch indian captains walk in the airplane 5 mins prior to departure, and push back almost immediately. who did walk around or the proper checklist...? i see 250 hour cessna pilots on the right seat of a 777 or 330 and i guess thats safe cause the captain has just cleared his ATPL exam and upgraded with the company's and DGCA 'S blessings and guess what ...thats safe. want to talk about maintenance ..non existed. i do agree indian nationals should get priority but for crying out loud get some experience first and then move on. i had a DGCA Inspector on my jump the other day and he wished my f/o to see him/her soon on the left seat. f/o has 1700 hours tota time. he also kept reminding me how sharp the indian low time pilots are..so i disengaged the AP i think he got the point of his ''sharp'' f/o's not beeing able to maintain straight and level nor the center line or touch down zone. specially when i said my controls. this is not a competition but unfortunately in india it is. you know all the low time guys want the expats out..i say watch what you wish for...expats are leaving (including my self) but not because of DGCA nor the number of soooooo many qualified pilots but because they are getting jobs elsewhere. keep in mind what will happend to the salaries when expats leave...can you say paycut !!!!!!!!!!! Indian aviation has a long way to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!