PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 13th Jun 2010, 10:00
KRUSTY 34

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Ahh Crikey Possible_Cadet, don't I fel like an assh@le!

Let me tell you something. It took me 9 years in G/A before my first Regional job. Another 6 years before my command came up. Guys I learnt to fly with are now widebody Captains, others have left the industry for good. My progression was slower than some but faster than others. I have sacrificed much, both financially and personally. Do I still wake up in the morning and give thanks for what I have? Despite the fact that I whinge and moan with the best of them; Absolutely yes!

What I'm trying to say is follow your dream, but be under no illusion, the cost can be high. So high that many have looked at it in the cold light of day and taken a more rational path. I meant what I said about 10 years to a command for a Cadet starting now. But hey, if that Cadet were you, you would still be 6 years better off than me in the long run. What you must absolutely not do for one minute is believe the unmittigated BS that REX management and HR will try to spin you. A few of the current Cadets are starting to realise that. Whilst entering only their 3rd year in aviation, they are already starting to get itchy feet. Thinking like that will tear you apart!

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Krusty.