PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish Presidential Flight Crash Thread
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2010, 08:11
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A far clearer insight the way it came about, but it appears that there is another CVR transcript around that we have not seen. This 'cry' "Oni nye kvitovali!!!" does not appear anywhere on the transcript I have seen, nor is there any sign of any "radio altimeter" reading being given to ATC. Does anyone have the 'other' CVR transcript?

I still do not think we have the picture, despite this insight. I still maintain there was a PAR available but not used - how else could "on course, on glidepath" be said? It would appear that an "ASR" approach in this part of the world is quite different to the western style, and you do NOT need the a/c to tell ATC its altitude for an ASR approach!

As for having to wait until DH to ask for and get landing permission................................ it just would not work. I begin to wonder why I trained to go to war against the Eastern block if they were all going to crash in bad weather waiting for 'landing clearance' In the west landing clearance was normally given at around 300' above DH so you did not have to descend below it first and you could actually concentrate on putting the jet on the tarmac!