PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Hiring.... Cadets?!?!
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2010, 07:38
eocvictim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only reason jonny should want to work for an airline is for the money and/ or lifestyle, not because he gets a little short term bulge over flying a jet. Try to think beyond tomorrow.

This statement or lack there of, sums up Gen Y. The amount of friends I have who are steep in debt. I have one 24yo friend earning over $250,000pa who has more debt than I and less disposable income. I have another friend earning less than me who is crying about interest rates because they went up .25% and now he might have to sell his brand new BMW. Where is the forethought?

This thread is just going around in circles, is there any point to it now?

Because people are not willing to accept the truth and keep struggling to justify the course.

There are some very arrogant people here who are unable to see anything from anyone else's perspective.

Unless you are walking in someone's shoes how dare you criticize the choices other people make for their OWN lives.

The only arrogant people here are the ones who have naught experience and seem to know everything about the industry. What the hell do you think we've been doing for the last 10 years? Twiddling our thumbs getting a cushy ride? We've been there done that, that’s how we can criticize.

Maybe those that attack schemes like this and the pilots that choose to do them, could give some CONSTRUCTIVE advice and things that pilots could do to work TOGETHER rather than just attacking people.

Turning people away from the schemes is constructive advice. It will give people the opportunity to broaden their horizons. There has not been a single serious question by the proponents of these courses as to reasonable alternatives. Like I said, all those I've mentored have jobs and I'm sure 90% of the other guys would have young protégés who have also found work. Perhaps if these lost young pilots spent more time in the thick of aviation instead turning to PPRuNe they would find people willing to impart crucial advice.