PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cheapest place for watches?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2002, 22:48
Alberts Growbag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having been the not so proud owner of a Breitling Navitimer for the last ten years, I can safely say that this is the ultimate example of a company that trades on it's name rather than it's quality.

Breitling UK will service a watch for £250+ and qoute you a 3 months turn around time, that's right, spend £2000 on a Navitimer only to lose it for 3 months a year!! Get a life!

I have spent the entire purchase price of mine over the years in servicing, and never did it keep better than +-10seconds a day. I finally took it to a local high quality jewellers last winter and paid £200 for a service that came back in 3 weeks. The watch has never kept such good time and is now +-1" a day.

I had reason to deal with Breitling in Switzerland and never met a more 'up itself' brand of arrogance before. Mind you, nothing new for the 'Schweizer Deutche'!

Forget the b**ls**t. Buy a Japanese watch with lots of gizmo's and remember that a pilot with a big watch is usually regarded as having a correspondingly small 'joystick', not to mention an equivalent IQ.