PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Age 60 Limit To End
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2010, 03:17
Raymond767

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 12345
Ray and his supporters are doing a great job at staying on message.
Joseph: Thank you for showing the courage to sign your post with your name. I believe that that can only encourage honest, frank discussion.

May I support your observation above. We are on message, because it is extremely important for us to communicate a valuable message. Essentially, as I have posted above, we have only one message. Namely, that this isn't about fairness--it is about reality. The law is real.

Age discrimination in Canada is illegal. The mandatory retirement exemption under the CHRA no longer is applicable. ACPA and all of its pilots must deal with that fact to the benefit of all. Denial is not a strategy. Filibustering on side issues, such as the alleged motivation of those prosecuting this case or advocating a legally irrelevant issue such as how unfair the law may be only detracts from the attention necessary to deal with the real issue of making the required adjustments in such a way that minimizes the amount of damage that is done to those most vulnerable, namely the junior pilots.

Last edited by Raymond767; 13th Jun 2010 at 03:28.