PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Hiring.... Cadets?!?!
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2010, 00:50
hueyshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATPL subjects?

Just wondering if anyone can shed light on why the ATPL theory passes are listed as a minimum requirement for the Advanced Cadet programme? Apart from Massey people in NZ, I can't think of anyone else (in NZ) who'd have their ATPL theory subjects. Does this mean people without their ATPL subjects wont be considered at all?

What about the Qantas trainee program? Once again, min requirements include ATPLs. Will you be considered for a spot on the course if you say you'll have your ATPL subjects done by the time the course starts?

Do you guys (and girls) in OZ tend to do your ATPL subjects as soon as you have your CPL? Because I know very few people in NZ who have any of their subjects and people here only usually start doing them once they're 1000TT+.

NB: interesting thread- a lot of hot air and some very negative sentiments. It is really sad to see the (not so slow) downward spiral of the T&Cs of the industry. To all the guys who've done the hard yards through GA, I'm at the end of my 1st year in GA and its been pretty lacklustre. If I keep this up I'll be grey before a good paycheck. So barring a decent GA job, I'll be stoked if I get the J* cadetship. I know the numbers look a bit bleak but they're a bloody kings ransom compared to what I'm earning! Any advice re: cadetship appreciated. Any abuse re: cadetship welcome.

Cheers
HS