PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Watch change anyone?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2002, 21:47
Numpo-Nigit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Watch change anyone?

With the long-running, on-off, saga of the change to NERC watch patterns apparently settled, it is time for some new fun and games.

I am led to believe that some seventy individuals, both ATCO and ATSA, have submitted requests for a change of watch, to coincide with the changeover, for reasons of child-care arrangements. For each of these valid requests there is potentially an unwanted reverse switch for somebody else to keep the watches in balance.

With the changeover scheduled for early October, and, I believe, thirty days' notice required for the individuals affected, there is relatively little time for the ORO to resolve these complex issues.

Look forward to some interesting confrontations as the aggrieved victims fight for their rights not to be discriminated against for not having child-care issues!!!

Even if everybody is satisfied with the end result, the mechanism of the changeover will inevitably be chaotic as, for those very reasons of child-care, the changes cannot be made before the actual changeover date.

I look forward to seeing the October watch roster being published promptly on September 20th !!!!