PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH - 2
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH - 2
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2010, 11:21
BOU_PAX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ryanair1

Bournemouth isn't your average catchment area though, lots of people retire down here who also have a second home in Spain, Portugal and the Canaries and are often looking to travel from A to B as quickly and easily as possible without the hassle of using LGW or LHR. You also have all their families making the same journey to visit the parents for a free weeks holiday during the school breaks (or is that just me...)

The charm of Bournemouth is you can be home 20 mins after the plane lands more often than not and in the good old days pre recession you could go to Prague, Prestwick, Edinburgh or Amsterdam etc for a couple of days holiday or golfing without adding a day for travel.

Unfortunately this "out the box" thinking doesn't fit FR's bottom line accounting mentality and as yet, the balance of routes from BOH hasn't been right.

There is a killing to be made down here if only MAG and FR would stop butting heads for a minute. In the mean time, I as well as many others I know have now booked my next 6 months flights from other airports as I can't wait any longer for FR to announce any winter flights from November (if there are even to be any at all)

Sad but true.